It's been quite the night for Sacramento native Greta Gerwig at the Oscars as she is being honored for her film, “Lady Bird.”
If you are missing out on the 90th Academy Awards, there have been several notable moments involving Gerwig so far.
- Red carpet shout out to Sacramento and St. Francis High School
Prior to the beginning of the show, Gerwig, while on the red carpet, shared her unconditional love for her hometown and former high school.
"I love Sacramento so much. I have to say if anyone is watching in Sacramento, I love you guys,” Gerwig said with excitement. “Can I just do that? I love you, and I love St. Francis, everyone there.”
- Lady Bird's Night
If Sacramento had a vote Greta and "Lady Bird" would have taken home a few Oscars. Instead it got shut out. Greta lost out to Guillermo del Toro in the Best Director category.
- Gerwig sends video to St. Francis High School viewing party
In the middle of the Academy Awards, Gerwig sent a personal video to the viewing party at her former high school in Sacramento expressing her love for her supporters.
- Jimmy Kimmel offers thoughts on "Lady Bird" during opening monologue
- Gerwig presents the winner of Best Documentary Feature
- Photo Gallery of Gerwig at the Oscars