A pastor, a store clerk and a student were among 30 people in a child sex internet sting in Georgia and Alabama, authorities said.
According to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, the operation targeted those who possess and distribute child pornography and others who sexually exploit children on the internet.
After three months of planning, a total of 54 search warrants for Operation Southern Impact were executed over two days.
During the operation, 162 digital devices were examined and 731 digital media and devices were seized as evidence in the two states.
In Georgia, 17 people were arrested, including:
1. David Potts, W/M, Cumming, GA, 61 years of age, retired
2. Tyler Quarles, W/M, Winterville, GA, 24 years of age, store clerk
3. Parker Hoekstra, W/M, Smyrna, GA, 22 years of age, student
4. Robert Peters, W/M, Winston, GA, 73 years of age, retired
5. Kenneth Flowers, W/M, Dallas, GA, 54 years of age, engineer/small business owner
6. Corey Moore, B/M, Savannah, GA, 38 years of age, unemployed
7. Russell Love, Jr., W/M, Swainsboro, GA, 48 years of age, unemployed
8. Kevin Tanner, W/M, Kite, GA, 40 years of age, production line worker
9. Dwight Watson, W/M, Canton, GA, 43 years of age, addiction counseling pastor
10. Jonathan Hurwitz, W/M, Evans, GA, 48 years of age, military cybersecurity personnel
11. Benjamin Brinker, W/M, Lawrenceville, GA, 30 years of age, construction
12. Daniel Ridley, W/M, Cornelia, GA, 34 years of age, fencing company employee
13. Kerry Williams, W/M, Columbus, GA, 56 years of age, mechanic
14. Roger McDonald, W/M, Valdosta, GA, 61 years of age, Registered Nurse
15. Shane Murphy, W/M, Winder, GA, 37 years of age, unemployed
16. Jason Herrin, W/M, of Douglasville, GA, 27 years of age, restaurant employee
17. Erik Nateras, H/M, of Atlanta, GA, 27 years of age, unknown
More arrests could be forthcoming, authorities said.
IN OTHER NEWS: More mug shots