News10 My Neighborhood #BorealMagic Sweepstakes
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the News10 My Neighborhood #BorealMagic Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents of California who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees and contractors of Boreal Mountain Resort, Gannett Co., Inc., and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How To Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 12:05 a.m. (P.T.) Monday, February 3, 2014 and end at 6:00 p.m. (P.T.) Friday, February 7, 2014 (the "Sweepstakes Period").
Text Message Entry: Go to http://www.news10.net/myneighborhood each weekday during the Sweepstakes Period and look for the CAPITALIZED WORD in the Winter Wonderland article. Enter by sending a text message to 25543 with the CAPITALIZED WORD in the body of the text message. You must have a text messaging two-way capable handset and digital service in order to enter via text message. Entrants will be sent a text message confirming entry. Entrants will be charged standard messaging rates for text messages sent and received from their handset according to the terms and conditions in their wireless calling plan. Text messaging and wireless service are not available in all areas.
Maximum one (1) entry per person per day. Each daily entry must be received by 5:59 p.m. (P.T.) on the day the Winter Wonderland article is posted. Sponsor will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor.
4. Winner Selection. Each weekday during the Sweepstakes Period after 6:00 p.m. (P.T.) one (1) daily winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries that correctly identified that day's CAPITALIZED WORD, subject to verification of eligibility. There will be five (5) Daily Winners during the Sweepstakes Period. Entrants selected as a Prize Winner are not eligible to win the Prize in subsequent drawings during the Sweepstakes Period.
5. Prizes and Odds. Prize Winner will receive two (2) Boreal Mountain Resort Playland snow tubing tickets. (ARV:$60).
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winner(s) will be notified within 24 hours of prize drawing via the telephone number used for entry. Sponsor will leave no messages. Failure to reach Winner by phone after three (3) attempts may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries. To claim the prizes, each of the Prize winners must personally visit Sponsor's office at 400 Broadway within five (5) business days after notification (office visits must be between the hours of 8:30 a.m. (P.T.) and 12 Noon (P.T.) and between 1:00 p.m. (P.T.) and 5:00 p.m. (P.T.) weekdays) and complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release. A valid photo identification will be required. Winners may waive his/her right to receive prizes. All prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. No substitutions allowed by winners. Prizes and components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Failure to sign the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner's disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winners' consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. In the event of a dispute, all text message entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the wireless phone from which the entry is sent and all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which the entry is sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
8. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Sponsor. The News10 My Neighborhood #BorealMagic Sweepstakes is sponsored by News10/KXTV. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of the daily winners (available after February 7, 2014), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Winner /Official Rules" , News10 My Neighborhood #BorealMagic Sweepstakes, 400 Broadway, Sacramento, CA 95818. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Amy Jacobson Kurokawa. 916-321-3417 and/or email@example.com