News10 and the Children's Miracle Network is teaming up to host the 20-hour Give for Kids Telethon (#Give4Kids) on Friday to help raise money for UC Davis Children's Hospital.
Every dollar you donate stays in our community. The donations will be used within the Children's Hospital for various reasons, which are all focused on patient care.
Children's Hospital Director Dr. Robin Steinhorn outlined 10 ways your donations help the hospital. The funds help pay for
1. Ambulance, equipment and support for the Critical Care Transport Unit
2. Cardiologists, surgeons and top notch facilities for children with heart disease (the most common birth defect)
3. Child Life Program
4. Research and medical care for children with asthma and other respiratory diseases
5. Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, which cares for critically ill babies from Sacramento and across the entire state
6. Research on nutrition, and its importance to the health for babies, children and adults
7. Palliative and hospice care program
8. Equipment for sleep medicine
9. Dialysis equipment for children with kidney disease
10. New equipment for motility testing for children with GI problems
Bonus - 11. Telemedicine to support our rural communities in providing everything from hearing tests for babies to personalized support for critically ill children.
Those are just a few of the ways your donation will be used at the hospital.
You can help the Children's Hospital during the Give for Kids Telethon from 5 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. You can call 1-877-719-KIDS (5437) to donate using all forms of payment, including cash through a pledge.
Or go to https://giveamiracle.childrensmiraclenetworkhospitals.org to donate online.