Your smartphone can easily become your worst enemy if it falls into the wrong hands.
Stalkers can install hidden apps on your phone that can be used to stalk you. The phone's location settings, camera and microphone can all be use to spy on you.
Because these apps are hidden, it's not always easy to know your phone has spyware. Here are five signs that your phone has been hijacked:
- The screen lights up for no reason
- The flash on the camera goes off when you're not taking a picture
- You notice ambient noise in the background when you're on a phone call
- You repeatedly get strange text messages from an unknown origin
- Your location settings are on without authorization
But don't worry, there are simple steps you can take to prevent being stalked. For more information visit these websites:
- How to harden your smartphone against stalkers-iPhone edition
- How to harden your smartphone against stalkers-Android edition
- The Use of Technology to Stalk