Homeless man credited with saving 2 kids from apartment fire

LAS VEGAS (AP) - Las Vegas firefighters are calling a homeless man a hero for saving two small children from a fire.
    
Fire officials say a 3-year-old girl and a 10-month-old boy were trapped in a burning apartment Friday morning.
    
According to authorities, the children's grandfather was cooking food and the stove caught fire.
    
They say the grandfather escaped from a back bedroom but could not get to the kids.
    
Las Vegas Fire and Rescue spokesman Tim Szymanski says that is when 36-year-old Anival Angulo happened by and pried a screen door open.
    
He pulled both children out. They were treated at a hospital for smoke inhalation.
    
Szymanski says the children could have been burned or killed if Angulo had not been there.
    
Authorities say the damage to the home is estimated at $50,000.

© 2017 Associated Press


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment