Producers behind "House of Cards" have extended the hit show's hiatus for two more weeks amid an ongoing investigation into the show's star, Kevin Spacey.
Spacey, 58, was accused by some members of the "House of Cards" production crew of on-set sexual misconduct, the show's production company, Media Rights Capital, confirmed to ABC News. He's since been fired from the hit political Netflix series, which centered on his character Frank Underwood's rocky rise to the presidency.
In a letter sent to the cast and crew working on season six of "House of Cards," dated Sunday, Media Rights Capital showed appreciation for employees and also announced that the hiatus would extend until Dec. 8.
"We continue to work with Netflix with the hope of resuming production soon. As we continue these discussions, we have determined together that the crew will be paid for an additional two week hiatus - beginning on November 27th and continuing through December 8th," the letter, obtained by ABC News, read in part.
"These last two months have tested and tried all of us in ways none of us could have foreseen," the letter continued. "The one thing we have learned throughout this process is that this production is bigger than just one person and we could not be more proud to be associated with one of the most loyal and talented production cast and crews in this business."
The letter was signed by Pauline Micelli, Media Rights Capital's senior vice president of television business and legal affairs. She promised to update the cast and crew on Dec. 8.
Claims made by several members of the "House of Card" staff came after actor Anthony Rapp, 46, alleged in a Buzzfeed interview last month that Spacey made a sexual advance toward him when Rapp was 14.
Spacey responded to Rapp's allegations in a statement of his own, saying that while he does not remember the incident, he was sorry for "what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior."
The hiatus' extension also comes after filmmaker Tony Montana, Richard Dreyfuss' son, Harry Dreyfuss, among others -- including 20 people at London's Old Vic Theatre -- accused Spacey of inappropriate behavior, sexual misconduct or sexual assault.
Spacey did not return ABC News' request for comment, but People magazine reported earlier this month that a representative for the actor said that Spacey "is taking the time necessary to seek evaluation and treatment."
Also, Bryan Freedman, a lawyer representing Spacey, told BuzzFeed, which published a story about Harry Dreyfuss' allegations, "Let me be clear, Mr. Spacey absolutely denies the allegations."
"House of Cards" announced last month that the show would end after season six. A Netflix representative confirmed to ABC News that the decision to end the show was made before Spacey's scandal broke.
ABC News' Jason Nathanson, Lauren Effron, Christopher Watson and Lesley Messer contributed to this report.
© 2017 ABC News