Amgen Tour of California returns to Lake Tahoe, May 11-12, 2017.
The Amgen Breakaway from Heart Disease Women's Race Empowered with SRAM includes the overall start and Stage 2 on consecutive days. The women’s competition will conclude with a third stage in Elk Grove, May 13 and the final in Sacramento, May 14.
The women will circumnavigate the 72-mile shoreline of Lake Tahoe with the final climb that will lead riders to the finish at Heavenly Mountain Resort. A new Stage 2 route will be announced early 2017 where riders will face summits in excess of 7,300-feet leading to what promises to be a climatic finish. The upcoming race marks the tenth consecutive year that a women’s competition is a major component of the Amgen Tour of California.
The Amgen Tour of California men’s 600-mile competition begins in Sacramento, May 14, 2017, and concludes in Pasadena, May 20. The 2017 race marks the first year the men’s race has been elevated to Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) WorldTour status, making it the only stage race in North America to receive this prestigious classification.
Amgen Breakaway from Heart Disease Women's Race Empowered with SRAM
- Thursday, May 11 Stage 1 South Lake Tahoe
- Friday, May 12 Stage 2 South Lake Tahoe
- Saturday, May 13 Stage 3 Elk Grove to Sacramento
- Sunday, May 14 Stage 4 Sacramento
Amgen Tour of California (Men’s Race)
- Sunday, May 14 Stage 1 Sacramento
- Monday, May 15 Stage 2 Modesto to San Jose
- Tuesday, May 16 Stage 3 Pismo Beach to Morro Bay
- Wednesday, May 17 Stage 4 Santa Barbara to Santa Clarita
- Thursday, May 18 Stage 5 Ontario to Mt. Baldy (Summit Finish)
- Friday, May 19 Stage 6 Big Bear Lake (Individual Time Trial)
- Saturday, May 20 Stage 7 Mountain High to Pasadena
2017 Host Cities Announced! pic.twitter.com/yYnVUWIDM0— AmgenTOC (@AmgenTOC) November 2, 2016
Copyright 2016 KXTV