Grammy and Oscar-winning rapper Common is coming to Sacramento for a free concert Monday and the city is expecting 25,000 people to attend the show.
The show is slated to begin at 5 p.m., with doors opening one hour prior. Common is hosting the Imagine Justice concert, with special guest J. Cole, to help raise awareness on social justice reform.
Just to weeks before the event, the estimated number of people attending the event changed from 10,000 to 25,000 a Sacramento City spokesperson told ABC 10 News.
"Large events on a weekday are more complex, of course. So, the permit process approval was longer, considering the logistics of numerous street closures requested and also the security needed," a statement by Sacramento City Spokesperson Marycon Razo said. "There will be a large security presence for the event. As soon as the permit was approved, we informed the public of the road closures."
According to a press release from city officials, the area will be impacted by two road closures.
Beginning at 4 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 20 and lasting until 6 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 22, the following areas will be closed:
- Capitol Mall between Eighth and Ninth Streets.
- Ninth Street between N and L Streets will be closed from 4 a.m. Sunday - 6:30 a.m. Monday; closed again from 9:30 a.m. Monday - 6 a.m. on Tuesday.
From Monday, Aug. 21, through Tuesday, Aug. 22:
- Capitol Mall between Fifth and Eighth Streets will close from 9:30 a.m. Monday - 6 a.m. Tuesday
- Sixth Street between L Street and Capitol Mall will close from 9:30 a.m. Monday - 6 a.m. Tuesday
- Seventh Street between L and N Streets will close from 9:30 a.m. Monday - 6 a.m. Tuesday
- Eighth Street between L and N Streets will close from 9:30 a.m. Monday - 6 a.m. Tuesday
- Tenth Street between L and N Streets will close from 2 p.m. Monday - 6 a.m. Tuesday
© 2018 KXTV-TV