Netflix is transforming your favorite coffee spots for a day to celebrate the anniversary of the day 'Gilmore Girls' first aired.
A revival of the fast-paced comedy-drama series was announced earlier this year by the online streaming service Netflix. October 5th marks 16 years since the show made its debut on The WB Television Network.
In the show, the Gilmores frequently eat and grab coffee at Luke's Diner.
Two hundred and fifty coffee shops (a handful in California) will celebrate "Luke's Coffee Day" between 7 a.m. and noon on Wednesday.
Baristas at participating California locations, from down in San Diego to up in the Bay Area, will be giving away free 12 oz cups of coffee to some lucky customers.
- Sacramento: Chocolate Fish Coffee and The Trade
- Oakland: Awaken Cafe and Hive, the Place to Bee
- San Francisco: Palio Cafe
- San Jose: Caffe Frascati
- Fresno: Yellow Mug Coffee
- Bakersfield: Caffeine Supreme and Pappy's Coffee
- Long Beach: Fox Coffee House
- Los Angeles: Comoncy (Beverly Hills and Studio City locations)
- San Diego: Industrial Grind Coffee and Cafe Virtuoso
Let you inner Lorelei Gilmore shine for a day!
The original 'Gilmore Girls' series ended its seven-season run in 2007, but in January Netflix announced a miniseries return of the show -- titled 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in The Life.'
Four 90-minute new episodes taking us back to Stars Hallow will be released November 25th. Time to stock up on coffee for all of that binge watching!
Copyright 2016 KXTV