The family of a 13-year-old girl who died at Camp Sacramento in 2013 has reached a settlement with the city.
Natalie Giorgi died on July 26, 2013, after she went into anaphylactic shock July 26 after eating a Rice Krispies Treat at the city-owned Camp Sacramento facility. The family filed a lawsuit of wrongful death and negligence against the city a year later.
The city released a press release about the settlement, saying the city and members of Camp Sacramento, “were deeply saddened by the death of Natalie Giorgi.”
Through this tragedy, the city continued, they learned there are important steps to be taken to ensure the safety of campers and have made the appropriate changes to protect all visitors of Camp Sacramento.
Camp Sacramento plans to become an accredited American Camping Association destination within the next 12 months.
“We recognize the tremendous loss that the Giorgi family has suffered and hope these steps and measures will help each of them in dealing with and healing from such a terrible loss,” the release says.
Copyright 2016 KXTV