SACRAMENTO (AP) - A Northern California couple has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the City of Sacramento in connection with the peanut allergy-related death of their 13-year-old daughter at a city operated camp.
According to the Sacramento Bee, Louis Giorgi and his wife, Joanne, allege that officials at Camp Sacramento were warned numerous times that Natalie had a peanut allergy, and that the girl was conscientious about avoiding troublesome food.
Natalie died after eating a Rice Krispie snack containing peanut butter on July 26 while her parents briefly stepped away. The lawsuit alleges that peanut butter was mixed into the snack and undetectable.
Louis Giorgi, a doctor, said he injected Natalie with epinephrine, but it was ineffective.
A city spokeswoman didn't immediately return calls seeking comment.