As a precaution, CHP has closed multiple parts of I-80 due to heavy snow and cars spinning out of control.
Traffic traveling eastbound along I-80 at Drum Forebay. Taffic along westbound along I-80 at Donner Lake Road was closed for a period of time, but as of 5:25 p.m., it has been re-opened to traffic.
There is no estimated time of re-opening for eastbound lanes.
Chain Control remain in effect for the following roads:
- US-50 is R2 Sand Flat to Meyers.
- SR-89 is R1 Bliss State Park to Harpers.
- SR-88 is R2 Dew Drop to Hamms Station.
- Old Highway 40 (Donner Pass rd) is closed.
- SR-20 is R2 long grave to I-80.
One to two inches of snow is expect for the Tahoe region tonight, with more likely tomorrow.
Copyright 2016 KXTV