USA Basketball announced its 12-man roster for the FIBA World Cup, which starts Aug. 30 in Spain.
Sacramento Kings' players DeMarcus Cousins and Rudy Gay made the team. However, NBA All-Star point guard Damian Lillard and small forwards Gordon Hayward, Kyle Korver and Chandler Parsons were cut from the 16-man roster that played in several warm-up games.
The final team USA roster features six NBA All-Stars and no one older than 28.
The biggest surprise was the decision to keep three traditional centers: Cousins, Andre Drummond and Mason Plumlee.
Drummond and swingman DeMar DeRozan sat during Friday night's 112-86 victory against Puerto Rico, along with Lillard and Hayward. But both made the cut.
The game was the team's final exhibition before leaving Saturday for Spain.
Here is the roster, in alphabetical order:
- C DeMarcus Cousins, Sacramento Kings
- G Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
- F/C Anthony Davis, New Orleans Pelicans
- G/F DeMar DeRozan, Toronto Raptors
- C Andre Drummond, Detroit Pistons
- F Kenneth Faried, Denver Nuggets
- F Rudy Gay, Sacramento Kings
- G James Harden, Houston Rockets
- G Kyrie Irving, Cleveland Cavaliers
- C Mason Plumlee, Brooklyn Nets
- G Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls
- G Klay Thompson, Golden State Warriors
The starting lineup in the USA's past two exhibitions has been the same: Irving, Curry, Harden, Faried and Davis.