PLACERVILLE, California —
The El Dorado County Fair kicks off Thursday in Placerville. This year's main attraction is the John M. Studebaker Wheelbarrow Races.
"You can’t do it all in a day,” said Jody Gray, CEO of the fair. “You can’t even do it in two days.”
What is the John M. Studebaker Wheelbarrow Races?
The John M. Studebaker Wheelbarrow Races challenges contestants to fill a wheelbarrow with sand. Participants have to bring at least 30 pounds of sand. The catch is they will not be able to use a scale to measure how much sand they will have to haul around.
The fair named the race after Studebaker, who built wheelbarrows in Placerville during the Gold Rush.
What is going to be there?
- Bull riding
- Imagination Circus is an interactive show where children are selected from the audience to participate.
- Clown College is an attraction that will teach children circus skills
- Bad Moon Rising (Creedence Clearwater Revival cover band)
- Live stingrays
How much is it going to cost?
- Pre-sale tickets by June 12:
General (13 and over): $9
- Junior (7-12): $7
- Senior (60 and over): $7
- Unlimited carnival rides: $25
- Unlimited Carnival rides (pre-sale only):$70
Tickets (June 13-16)
- General admission: $12
- Junior (7-12) $8
- Senior (60 and over): $8
- Unlimited carnival rides single day:$35
When and where
El Dorado County Fair will operate at 100 Placerville Drive Placerville, CA 95667, from June 13-16.
The fair will operate from noon to midnight on Thursday and Friday. The fair will run from 10 a.m. to midnight on Saturday. The fair will be open on Sunday from noon to 10 p.m.