Family gatherings and watch parties for the Super Bowl are notorious for one thing...food.
And let's be honest, it's usually not healthy. If you ever eat a little too much, the recipe below is a great one to help you detox!
And if cauliflower walnut tacos aren't your thing though, you can also detox by drinking warm lemon water in the morning to help flush the toxins out, balance the body's pH levels and keep the alkaline in.
It's actually easier to detox than you think, you just need to know what foods will help you do it.
This cauliflower taco recipe is packed with foods that help the body detox quickly, all by itself. You can eat it cold, heat it in a pan or zap it in the microwave to serve it warm. Leftovers last in the fridge for up to two days.
- 1/2 a head of medium-sized cauliflower
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 tbsp tamari (similar to soy sauce, but contains little to no wheat)
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Butter leaf lettuce or romaine leaves
- Toppings: Cashew sour cream, pico de gallo, guacamole
- Except for the lettuce, add all of the ingredients into a food processor.
- Pulse until cauliflower and walnuts are broken up and everything is mixed together — the sizing should be similar to cauliflower rice. Tip: Beware over pulsing or the mixture will get mushy!
- Taste the mixture for flavor, and add more spice to get it to where you like it.
- Scoop the mixture in a bowl to serve or scoop right into your lettuce leaves to serve.
- Top with pico de gallo, cashew sour cream (or regular if you'd like) or guacamole.
- 'Meg Unprocessed' joins Morning Blend: Extra Shot
- Five foods to boost your immune system | Meg Unprocessed
Love this article? Catch more of Megan Evans on Morning Blend: Extra Shot, weekdays at 11 a.m. Read more about Megan, here.
WATCH ALSO: Immune boosting smoothie | Meg Unprocessed
Cold and Flu season is still hitting Americans hard. Besides washing your hands and keeping things sanitized - you can also stay healthy with what you eat. Megan Evans of "Meg Unprocessed" shares a tasty way to keep our immune systems boosted!