Looking for something new to do this weekend? Every week Ariane Datil puts together a list of her top 5 picks for the best events happening in NorCal over the weekend.
Here’s your Weekend Scoop:
Sacramento Greek Festival @ 616 Alhambra Blvd., Sacramento
- 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday, Oct. 5
- Noon to 10 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 6
- Noon to 8 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 7
- Tickets: Free admission on Friday from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. Admission is $5 remainer of festival. Children 12 years old and younger are free
- There will nearby, offsite parking; a shuttle service; an Uber promotion; and a monitored bike corral area on 30th Street.
Water Lantern Festival @ Folsom Lake, Sacramento
- 4 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct 5.
- The event is sold out.
DOMO First Fridays @ 10th Street Plaza, Modesto
- 6 - 10 p.m. Friday, Oct. 4.
- DoMo First Fridays gather musicians, giant-sized games, booths of makers, vintage vendors, dining options and artists to line the 10th Street Plaza of downtown Modesto.
4th Annual CASA Superhero Run @ Lodi Lake, Stockton
- 9 - 11 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 5.
- Put your cape on & join the CASA Superhero Run to raise money for foster youth!
- It’s a family event, so bring your kids and head over to Lodi Lake
Spookamotive Train @ California State Railroad Museum, Sacramento
- Weekends in October
- Tickets: $3-15
- This delightful, not frightful train is just the ticket for the whole family. The whimsically decorated and diesel-powered train ride is crawling with spiders, cobwebs and cornstalks, and staffed by a “skeleton crew.”
- Train ride guests are encouraged to get in the spirit and dress up according to these fun weekly themes: Superheroes & Villains, Pirates & Princesses and Witches & Wizards.
- For guests desiring a VIP experience, ride in the First Class Mad Scientist Laboratory! Members receive discounted pricing.
If you check out any of these events over the weekend, let us know by using the hashtag #ABC10. And if you already made plan, that’s ok too! Check back next Thursday for more weekend events in your area.