ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Kansas City defensive Derrick Nnadi started off his post-Super Bowl victory season by warming hearts and paying for the adoption fees for 109 dogs waiting for forever homes at the KC Pet Project shelter.
News of the former Florida State star's charitable contribution spread quickly and eventually, caught the eye of TV personality Rachel Ray, who was so inspired by Nnadi, she's offering a year's supply of her dog food brand "Nutrish" to each family that adopts a pup.
KC Pet Project said on Twitter that there's still 40-50 dogs waiting to meet their new family at the shelter.
You can see all the adoptable dogs here.
What other people are reading right now:
- Man rescued from Florida Everglades after 12 days thanks to cellphone data
- 3,700 quarantined on cruise ship in Japan after passenger tests positive for coronavirus
- Shannen Doherty reveals stage 4 breast cancer diagnosis
- FBI joins search for missing Florida baby after triple murder
- Woman calls 911 with her toes after hands get crushed while changing tire
- Trump faces his accusers in State of the Union speech Tuesday
- Mayor Pete Buttigieg leading Iowa caucuses with first batch of results