SACRAMENTO, Calif. — People say 'it takes a village' to raise a child so we are making it a little easier for parents. Join meteorologists Rob Carlmark and Tracy Humphrey on Fridays at 10 a.m. on Facebook live as they sit down with special guest parents to discuss different parenting topics. Check out our latest videos below.
Want to be a part of the conversation? Follow us on Facebook.
Explaining stereotypes in movies to children
Disney announced that some of its older movies will include advisory warnings that the film may contain outdated cultural depictions. This started a discussion in the news room. How do you talk to your children about stereotypes in movies? Join meteorologist Tracy Humphrey and special guest moms as they discuss how they address the issue in their household.
Later start times for students
LATER START TIMES? Yep. California Gov. Newsom signed a bill that mandates later start times for schools and that's causing a lot of conversation for parents. Join us as meteorologist Rob Carlmark, Tracy Humphrey, and two guest moms discuss the matter.
Is homeschooling right for your family? You asked, we answered.
You had a lot of questions about homeschooling after Three Moms and a Dad, so we answered them. Two moms answer your questions from Three Moms and a Dad about homeschooling.
- U. of California leaders support dropping use of SAT, ACT
- Is technology affecting our memory?
- Many youths think high school diploma is enough to get a good job, poll finds
How to teach kids to behave in public
Three Moms and a Dad | Do you practice at home? Reward for good behavior? We are talking about kids behaving in public.
Different types of parenting. Are you a helicopter or free range parent?
Parents are always told to be involved — but there's a limit. There are a bunch of different types of parenting styles. Rob Carlmark, Mark S. Allen and two special guests discuss different type of parenting styles (and admit to which they are).
- Decoding Parenting: How to cut down on homework stress
- Decoding Parenting: Managing the morning mayhem
- Should you use GPS to track your children?
How to discipline your child
Ever wonder if you’re doing the right thing when it comes to disciplining your children? Well, you’re not alone. We really dive into the topic of discipline, what does it really mean, what works and what doesn't.
Brittany Begley shares her story about being parent shamed on a flight to Las Vegas with her son and it turns out, it has happened to a lot of parents.
- Unboxing with Brittany Begley
- Fines for riding electric scooters, bikes on sidewalk in Sacramento
- Geek lab: No, indoor plants don't purify air in your home, but they do make you feel better.
How old is too old?
How old is too old for certain things for your children? At what age do you stop breastfeeding or bathing all your kids together in one bath? Rob Carlmark, Monica Woods, Tracy Humphrey, and a special guest discuss these topics and more.
Should colleges eliminate tuition?
College tuition is on the rise and it's getting harder to earn a degree without racking up thousands in debt. We discuss college tuition and what it's like to help your child understand the expenses.
- Parents rattled after stranger speaks to child through baby monitor
- Moms donate breast milk to baby who survived crash that killed her parents, brother
- How one Sacramento school is working to stop teens from vaping
How to get kids to eat healthy
Getting kids to eat healthy can be difficult. Monica Woods, Tracy Humphrey, Rob Carlmark and special guest mom Ashley discuss tips and tricks to get kids to eat their greens.