PASCO COUNTY, Fla. — Students in Florida moved to distance learning just about a month ago, and some students and teachers are really beginning to miss each other.
One teacher in Pasco County thought of a creative way to see her students and still stay safe while abiding by coronavirus social distancing rules.
All it took was a window, an erasable marker and a game of tic-tac-toe.
Pasco County Schools said Deer Park Elementary teacher Magen Wilson went to students' homes and started playing the game with them through the window.
Taking turns marking Xs and Os, a simple task, was enough to show her students she cares.
Let's hear it for our teachers!
What other people are reading right now:
- Gov. DeSantis says reopening can begin May 4, restaurants can open with restrictions
- JetBlue wants to suspend flights to Tampa
- NASA: Coronavirus has drastically improved Florida's air quality
- 100 bodies found decomposing in rental trucks outside New York funeral home
- Tampa nurse holds the hand of COVID-19 patients as they take their last breaths
- 'Ineligible' for unemployment assistance? Florida wants you to apply again
- Hotlines, websites offer the latest on COVID-19
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter