NEVADA CITY, Calif. — With the smell of chestnuts roasting on an open fire, people dressed up in Victorian-era costumes singing Christmas carols underneath antique gas lamps, the Nevada City Victorian Christmas event aims to take attendees back in time.
"Our entertainment is mostly what we seen in the Victorian times," said Nevada City Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Cathy Whittlesey.
Guests won't see rock bands performing at the Nevada City Victorian Christmas event. Instead, they'll see Christmas carolers dressed up in Victorian-era costumes.
Whittlesey said merchants are decorating their storefront windows with miniature, decorative village sets.
- Mad Hatter Holiday Festival celebrates 10 years in Vallejo
- Downtown Davis Holiday Celebration and Children's Candlelight Parade | Need to know
- Dickens Faire in Elk Grove | Need to Know
Nevada City Downtown Historic District
216 Broad Street, Nevada City, Calif.
Parking and shuttle
Attendees would be able to catch a shuttle from the Nevada County Government Center, which is located at 950 Maidu Avenue, Nevada City, Calif.
Shuttles to and from the event are $5 for adults. Children under the age of 15 can ride the shuttle for free.
Wednesday shuttle hours are from 4:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Sunday shuttle hours are from 12 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Dec. 8: 1:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Dec. 11: 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Dec. 15: 1:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Dec. 18: 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Dec. 22: 1:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.
FREE ABC10 APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for ABC10's Daily Blend Newsletter