SACRAMENTO, Calif. — I have an inexpensive, delicious last-minute dinner you can make for dad on Father's Day.
What you need:
- One 3- to 4-pound chuck roast
- 1 stick of butter
- au jus gravy mix
- ranch dressing mix
- jarred pepperoncini peppers
- First, place the butter in a heated crock pot.
- Place the roast in the slow cooker on high for about 3 hours. If you have more time, you can set it at low and cook for 8 hours, as well.
- Sprinkle the roast with the ranch dressing and au jus gravy mix.
- Add the pepperoncini peppers for. You can use whole peppers or a handful of sliced peppers, whichever you prefer.