SACRAMENTO, Calif. — As a kid, I loved summer break, but as a mom, I feel like I need a second job just to afford to keep my son busy!
Here are three, dollar store hacks that won't break the bank and will keep your kids busy.
Homemade race car tracks:
Race cars and tracks can be expensive, but if you have a pool noodle and a pair of scissors, you can make one on your own for $3.
- Cut the pool noodle in half
- Race cars down your new track and have a good time!
DIY dry erase board:
Kids love to coloring and a dry erase board is a great way to keep them busy. but, if you buy one at a big box store, you may end up paying around $20. With this dollar store hack, you'll pay only $2 and your kid could have hours of fun!
- Purchase a clear, vinyl shower curtain and washable, dry erase markers.
- Lay out the curtain and let the kiddos draw on it!
Who doesn't love to play with bubbles? At a big box store, you could pay anywhere from $15 to $50 for a bubble maker, but for this dollar store hack, we paid just $1.
- Empty a plastic water bottle and cut off the bottom.
- Place a sock over the bottle and duck tape it to make sure it sticks
- Pour dish soap into a container with water and mix.
- Dip the sock into the soap, then blow!
- For more colorful fun, dip the sock into food coloring for more colorful bubbles!