SACRAMENTO, Calif — On Tuesday, Forever 21 released a list of 178 stores that the could close when they reorganize under Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
The list includes four local stores:
- Forever 21 at Palladio, 410 Palladio Parkway, Folsom
- Forever 21 at Vintage Faire Mall, 3401 Dale Road, Modesto
- Forever 21 at Solano Town Center, 1451 Gateway Boulevard, Fairfield
- Forever 21 at Roseville Galleria, 1151 Galleria Boulevard, Roseville
Previously, Forever 21 in Davis closed Sept. 14, leaving seven Sacramento area locations.
The plan for Forever 21's reorganization bankruptcy includes possibly closing 178 of the company's 800 stores. The company stated in its bankruptcy filing that they would attempt to negotiate leases at the 178 locations to keep the stores open.
Forever 21 announced Sunday they would file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in a letter to its customers. The company confirmed that they are not planning to close all stores in its message:
"This does NOT mean that we are going out of business – on the contrary, filing for bankruptcy protection is a deliberate and decisive step to put us on a successful track for the future."
More information about the bankruptcy proceedings is on Prime Clerk.
Forever 21 was founded in 1984 and was popular among young customers, according to the Associated Press. The store's popularity was aided by the Great Recession of 2008 when more shoppers sought bargains.
- Forever 21 fashion chain files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- Ariana Grande suing Forever 21 for using 'look-alike' model in an ad campaign
- Forever 21 deletes photos of white model in 'Wakanda Forever' sweater after backlash
FREE ABC10 APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for ABC10's Daily Blend Newsletter