Hundreds of thousands of residents in Northern California and the Bay Area are in the dark as the Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) conducts a multi-phase Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) event all over the state.
As of #### p.m., more than ####### customers are without power. And that figure is not individual people, but customers. So, the number of actually people affected is likely much, much higher.
ABC10 crews have fanned out to communities impacted by the shutoffs, speaking to residents and business owners who are dealing with the possibility of prolonged power outages.
- Your questions on PG&E power outages, answered
- These schools will be closed due to PG&E power shutoffs
- Where to fuel up your car during a power outage
- PG&E customers won't be charged during power outage, company says
- PG&E power outage: What to do if your power is out for days
- Find your PG&E Community Resource Center, opened for customers affected by power shutoffs
- 5 hacks to get you through a power outage
FREE ABC10 APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for ABC10's Daily Blend Newsletter
WATCH ALSO: 5 hacks to get you through a power outage