If you were to consider a life of crime, and let us be clear that we hope you don't, the safest career criminals are by far the home burglars and car thieves.
According to the FBI, fewer than 15 percent are arrested during their entire criminal careers and when you consider there are 8, 000 home burglaries in the country every day, you can understand why it’s so lucrative. However, you're about to meet a guy who did get caught. He told us what thieves know, that we don't. And how to prevent them from getting your stuff.
1. Burglars are usually in and out of a house in 10 minutes.
2. Burglars head for the master bedroom first, knowing they will most likely find jewelry, guns and hidden cash.
3. Under your mattress and inside your medicine cabinet are popular places for burglars to look for cash or prescription drugs they can sell.
4. Confronting dogs is scarier to a burglar than confronting a homeowner because dogs are unpredictable.
5. Police say the best protection against a burglar is a nosy neighbor. Be grateful if you have one.