SACRAMENTO, Calif. — ABC10 is following the latest coronavirus statistics and vaccine news for the Sacramento region and the state of California.
This blog will be updated throughout the day with the latest COVID-19 news. Click HERE to learn when and where you can sign-up to get the coronavirus vaccine near you.
California aligns school guidelines with CDC for a minimum of 3 ft. physical distancing between students in classrooms
California Department of Public Health [CDPH] updated K-12 Schools Guidance to align with the latest science from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention [CDC].
The state’s updated guidance recommends distancing of at least three feet for students in classrooms. The guidance also newly allows all schools to reopen if case rates are below 25 per 100,000 population.
In all tiers, schools that have not yet opened must post a COVID Safety Plan five days before reopening for in-person learning. Schools within counties that are in the purple tier must also submit their COVID Safety Plan to their local health officer and the State Safe Schools team.
Latest COVID statistics in California
On Saturday, California announced a state total of 3,541,928 confirmed cases of COVID-19.
California also reported 45 new deaths from COVID, bringing the total to more than 56,072 since the start of the pandemic.
The state reported at least 14,180,095 vaccine doses had been administered to Californians.
Resources guide for California families
- San Joaquin County Help: A Resource Guide for Struggling Families and Individuals
- Yolo County Help: A Resource Guide for Struggling Families and Individuals
- Stanislaus County Help: A Resource Guide for Struggling Families and Individuals
- Sacramento County Help: A Resource Guide for Struggling Families and Individuals
- Where to find help in Placer County: A resource guide for struggling individuals and families
- Northern California Help: A resource guide for struggling Families and individuals
ABC10: Watch, Download, Read