VENICE, Fla. — Sarasota County deputies offered unique help Monday morning – to an alligator.
The 6-foot gator found himself stuck in a storm drain. It was a quite sight for joggers who would've seen his snout poking out from the drain along Cerromar Terrace in south Venice.
Some caring deputies were able to lift the concrete slab to help free the reptile, who has since returned safely to the lake he calls home.
"A trapper was called, however, did not respond so the gator was released," the sheriff's office explained in a Facebook post.
- What is in the new $900 billion COVID-19 relief bill?
- Moderna's COVID-19 vaccine on the way to Tampa Bay area medical centers
- Jupiter and Saturn to form first visible 'double planet' in 800 years
- Customer surprises Ruskin restaurant with $2,020 tip
- That's a lot of OT: Some state-run mental health hospital employees work 80 hours a week
- Here's where to see Christmas lights around Tampa Bay
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter