The California State Fair is back for another year at Cal Expo! The Fair will run from July 13 to July 29. Day one had a fun fireworks show and for day two expect other unique activities as thousands of Californians converge for a day of fun, including ABC10!
Hours of operation
The California State Fair's main gate will be open from 11 a.m.-10 p.m on Monday, July 16. The carnival hours will last from 2 p.m. to 11 p.m.
For your wallet
Bring at least 3 non-perishable food items per person to the California State Fair before 3 p.m. and receive free same-day admission.
For your belly
- Food vendors are open daily, click here for the full list.
- 11 a.m. - Olive Oil Tasting with Eyerit Family Olive Oil (Taste of California Education Center)
- 11 a.m. - Honey Sampling with Sola Bees Farms (Save Mart California Kitchen)
- 11 a.m. - Olive Oil Tasting with Buckeye Creek (Taste of California Education Center)
- 1 p.m. - The Grill (Kaiser Permanente Farm Presented by Save Mart)
For your kids
- All Rides (click here for the full list)
- 11 a.m. - Lady Bird Experience (Butler Amusements)
- 11 a.m. - Petting Zoo and activities
- 11 a.m. - Balloonacy (Throughout the Fairgrounds)
- 11 a.m. - Exhibit by National Geographic- The Future of Food (California Building B)
- 11 a.m. - Whale Tail by CA Coastal Commission (Expo Building 2)
For your entertainment
- 11 a.m. - Spin Cycle (Promenade Stage)
- 11 a.m. - Street Drum Corps. (Throughout The Fairgrounds)
- 1 p.m. - Magicians Guild (California Building B)
- 3 p.m. - Freestyle Motocross FMX (Jack in the Box FMX Lagoon)
- 8 p.m. - Acrobats of Hebei China (PG&E Center Stage)
- 8 p.m. - Kool & The Gang (Golden 1 Main Stage)
Where to find the ABC10 Swagwagon
Look for ABC10 all season at the State Fair! In addition to our cool down, charge up stations and cools down misters, keep an eye out for the all-new SWAGON! The Swagon is our new mobile pop-up events truck and it will be at the fair. We’ll be out there with free giveaways and fun! Come join us and make sure you join our Facebook page to find out where we are and what we’re up to each day!