GRASS VALLEY, Calif. — Many PG&E customers are still impacted by power outages in the Sierra division, which includes El Dorado, Nevada, Placer and Sierra counties. Other areas currently impacted by outages include Amador and Calaveras counties.
Some PG&E customers in the Sierra have been without power since Dec. 25. The utility told customers that some could remain without power until Wednesday, Jan. 5. Viewers have also reached out to ABC10 saying they've gotten notifications from PG&E that their power could be restored as late as Jan. 10, 2022.
Answers about when exactly power would come back have been elusive as PG&E continues their assessments of damage and needed repairs in the Sierra. During a YubaNet.com town hall, PG&E said they expect answers by the end-of-day today, Tuesday, Jan. 4. A spokesperson for PG&E confirmed the information with ABC10, as well.
The hazards and damages caused by the historic levels of snow across these Northern California counties have continued to prevent PG&E's ability to assess and repair equipment.
As of Tuesday morning, PG&E had identified more than 1,314 instances of damage in Nevada county alone, including:
- 307 power poles
- 590 locations where the conductor or the line needs repair
- 171 crossarms
- 70 transformers
PG&E has reached out to more than 100 other utilities for assistance. According to PG&E, they have crews from the City of Roseville, SMUD, Eugene, Ore., Public Service New Mexico, Tillamook and Lower Valley Energy assisting them.
Together, they have deployed temporary generation to eleven locations including hospitals, warming centers, and substations.
Outage impact by county
Updated as of Jan. 4 at 6:45 p.m.
- Nevada County:10,143
- El Dorado County: 3,900
- Placer County: 4,400
- Amador County: 2,121
- Sierra County: 619
- Calaveras County: 238
- El Dorado County:
- Pioneer Park: 8:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
- Pleasant Valley Community Hall: 8:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
- Pollock Pines Community Center: 8:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
- Grange Hall: (Grab and go bags only): 10:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
- Nevada County:
- Grass Valley Courtyard Suites: 10:00 a.m.- 10:00 p.m.
- Madelyn Helling Library: 8:00 a.m.- 10:00 p.m.
- Placer County:
- Alta Fire Protection District Community Hall: 8:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
- Sierra County:
- Downieville Community Hall: 8:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
- To find out if your address is included in these outages, visit: pgealerts.alerts.pge.com/outagecenter
- To report an outage, visit: pgealerts.alerts.pge.com/outagecenter/report
View PG&E's outage map for the latest update:
► FORECAST DETAILS | Check out our hourly forecast and radar pages.
► GET WEATHER ALERTS TO YOUR PHONE | Download the ABC10 mobile app
► WEATHER IN YOUR EMAIL | Sign up for the Daily Blend Newsletter