The cooling center is located at the Senior Center on 295 Cherry Lane and is open to help Manteca residents stay cool during the upcoming heatwave.
The cooling center is currently scheduled to be open from May 25 to May 28 from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Officials say they'll be following recommendations from the CDC and California Department of Public Health on sanitizing and social distancing when they open the cooing center.
- Manteca woman unable to get double mastectomy due to backlog of elective surgeries created by pandemic
- Manteca police to enforce stay-at-home order with $1,000 fine
- Manteca recommends all residents shelter in place
- Manteca's Great Wolf Lodge opening day moved up to July 1
- 1,300-home development moves forward in Manteca
- California's first Diverging Diamond Interchange could be in Manteca by the end of 2020
FOR NEWS IN YOUR COMMUNITY, DOWNLOAD OUR APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Daily Blend Newsletter