If you're viewing on the ABC10 App, tap here for multimedia.
Tune in to LNT at 11 p.m. for context and depth to today's headlines.
1. Amgen Tour of California and graduation weekend
The City of Sacramento encourages motorists to plan ahead for this year’s AMGEN Tour of California bicycle race, Saturday, May 19.
2. Amgen Tour is hitting Stockton this week. Here is where you should expect traffic.
Stockton is hosting Stage 5 of the men’s AMGEN tour Thursday at Stockton Arena. Expect to see rolling road closures and delays from 11 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. in the downtown area.
3. Amgen hitting Folsom on Friday
Folsom will host the men’s sixth stage Friday, May 18. The race course will be open during the peak morning commute, but will be closed from approximately 9:00-10:15 a.m.
4. Inside Amgen's Sacramento area stages
The final three stages of the Amgen Tour of California, now underway, will take place in and around the Sacramento area starting Thursday, when the men’s stage five arrives in Elk Grove after a circuitous 110-mile route from Stockton.
5. Verify: Does carbo-loading work for Amgen Tour of California cyclists?
The Amgen Tour of California kicked off earlier this week and fans across the state are excited to cheer on the cyclists. Fuel is a crucial part of gaining endurance for a race and some athletes practice carbohydrate-loading-- also known as carbo-loading.
6. How the Amgen Tour of California is changing traditions for women's equality
Kristin Klein, Tour president and executive vice president of AEG Sports, expressed being "proud" of both the women and men's race but announced some major changes to the event.
7. Brush up on your bicycle terms
The language used by cyclists among themselves is both colorful and descriptive, but can be cryptic to the uninitiated.
8. Amgen Tour brings economic boost to Stockton
9. The Amgen Tour of California's economic impact: By the Numbers
How is the Sacramento region benefiting from the Amgen Tour of California?