1. Dixon's Vice Mayor wrote a homophobic op-ed. Now residents are calling for his resignation
A group of people are meeting and planning to peacefully protest at the Dixon City Council Meeting Tuesday night to ask for Vice Mayor Ted Hickman resignation.
2. Daring rescue saves all 12 boys, soccer coach from Thai cave
“We did what no one ever thought we could do. This was a mission impossible that we have accomplished."
3. Lawsuit aims to get effort to split up California off ballot
The California Supreme Court has tossed initiatives in the past after ruling they went too far in changing government structure.
4. Latest: County Fire reaches 80 percent containment
Since the start of the fire, 20 structures have been destroyed, with three damaged, according to information from Cal Fire.
5. Local weather forecast
Click here for your local weather forecast.
6. Basic income among young California mayor's bold ideas
The 27-year-old mayor of Stockton, California, is launching bold experiments including providing a monthly $500 check to some of the city's low-income residents.
7. CHP officer's motorcycle hit in collision on Highway 99
A California Highway Patrol officer's motorcycle was hit while on the side of the road in a crash on Highway 99 Tuesday, according to CHP.
8. Suspect arrested for arson after fire destroys classroom at Grant High School
Adam Prater was arrested for arson and burglary, among other charges, following the incident.
9. Northern California jail ends lucrative contract with ICE
The Contra Costa County Sheriff's Department is the third local law enforcement agency in California to cut ties in recent months with ICE.
10. Social media post of the day
Click here to see the social media post of the day.