The holidays are just as stressful as they are festive.
Balancing shopping, family, food and endless holiday parties isn't an easy task. Most people are scrambling to shop for others while keeping on track a busy schedule. Thinking about what to wear to work or to a holiday party shouldn't be an extra thing to worry about while checking off a holiday to-do list.
Renting outfits is a simple way of looking your best without committing to a full price tag.
Here are five online shops to rent from over the holidays:
1. Rent the Runway: If you're still trying to decide what to wear out on New Year's Eve, you can choose from more than 200,000 pieces and 400 designers on the popular dress rental site. Rent the Runway offers a dream closet of dresses for all occasions from designers such as Rebecca Minkoff, Diane Von Furstenberg and Oscar de la Renta. Shoppers can pay as they rent or pay for a subscription. The site is great for weddings and other parties year-round.
2. Bag Borrow or Steal: The site first rose to popularity when mentioned in the Sex and the City movie. Shoppers who want to wear luxury but can't commit to the price can rent designer handbags for a monthly price. The website also gives the option of buying or selling items.
3. Lending Luxury: The rental site is ran by two Tampa, Fla. friends who share a love of fitness and fashion. The rental service offers high-end couture for a small fraction of the retail price, giving fashion lovers a chance to wear runway pieces without making a major dent in their wallet. Lending Luxury offers dresses for all occasions ranging from party dresses to work interview outfits.
4. Le Tote: Too busy to deal with work outfits? Le Tote rents outfits for work, weekend and 'everything in between'. A personal stylist chooses outfits based on a shopper's unique taste in clothing. The stylist picks out five items and ships it off in a box for the shopper to wear as long as they like until they're ready for a new box. Once they return a box they can receive a new one. Le Tote offers hundreds of brands and the personal stylist always works to fit the shopper's requests. The best part? Rentals start at $39 a month.
5. Stitch Fix: Works similar to Le Tote. Shoppers fill out a style profile and receive five handpicked items to their door with no subscription. The outfits are priced for each shopper's budget.