It’s time to take those old video game consoles and put them to good use again, but this time, it will also be for a good cause.
Sacramento’s Sutter Children’s Center and the UC Davis Children’s Hospital are calling on gamers to take their old XBOX, Playstation, Nintendo and other video game consoles out of retirement and donate them.
Organizers said the video game consoles help bring some comfort to kids in uncomfortable situations while passing the time in the hospital.
Organizers are crediting a Sacramento-area Allstate Insurance agent with organizing the video game drive, which will last through Friday.
Many local Allstate Insurance agencies are volunteering to serve as collection points for all donations.
The following Allstate offices are accepting those donations:
- 7880 Alta Valley Drive #101, Sacramento
- 8150 Sierra College Blvd #130, Roseville
- 8355 Elk Grove Blvd #400, Elk Grove
- 4030 Truxel Road, Sacramento
- 726 Main St, Woodland
- 2481 Sunrise Blvd, Rancho Cordova
- 2197 Main St, Oakley
- 5433A Clayton Rd, Clayton
- 3244 Brookside Rd #170, Stockton