SACRAMENTO, California — Aftershock Festival has announced My Chemical Romance as its second headliner.
The reuniting punk band announced its stop in Sacramento during a YouTube live stream announcing their reunion tour.
During last year's festival, Aftershock's Danny Wimmer Presents announced Metallica is scheduled to play two sets on two different days in 2020. The rock icons won't just be in Sacramento in 2020, Metallica will headline five of Wimmer's U.S. rock festivals, performing two separate headlining sets at each event. The fests included are:
- Epicenter (May 1st-3rd) in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Welcome to Rockville (May 8th-10th) in Daytona Beach, Florida
- Sonic Temple Art + Music Festival (May 15th-17th) in Columbus, Ohio
- Louder Than Life (September 18th-20th) in Louisville, Kentucky
- Aftershock (October 9th-11th) in Sacramento, California.
At Aftershock 2020, Metallica is scheduled to play on Oct. 9 and 11. Tickets for this year's event are already on sale.
The full festival announcement is expected to be released soon.
If you can't make it to Aftershock, or if the festival sells out again like it has for the last five years, the band announced a full tour itinerary, including a stop in Oakland prior to their appearance at Aftershock on Oct. 6.
FOR NEWS IN YOUR COMMUNITY, DOWNLOAD THE ABC10 APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for ABC10's Daily Blend Newsletter
Taco Bell Cantina opens in downtown Sacramento