City officials are advising residents to be aware of the closures and potential traffic. Road closures include:
- J Street between Carlson Drive and 45th Street
- 45th Street between J Street and Folsom Boulevard
- Folsom Boulevard between 45th and 41st streets
- 41st Street between Folsom Boulevard and H Street
- H Street between Alhambra Boulevard and 55th Street
- Alhambra Boulevard between H Street and McKinley Boulevard
- McKinley Boulevard between Alhambra Boulevard and Elvas Avenue
- Elvas Avenue between McKinley Boulevard & 51st Street
- 51st Street between Elvas Avenue and D Street
- D Street between 51st Street and Coloma Way
- Coloma Way between D Street and Pico Way
- Pico Way between Coloma Way and F Street
- F Street between Pico Way and 47th Street
- 47th Street between F and H streets
A map specific to East Sacramento residents is based on the neighborhood plan map and drivers can use it to identify more closures, detours and time estimates.
The 10K run starts at 8:15 a.m. and the 5K at 9 a.m.
Both events begin on J Street just west of the Sacramento State campus entrance. Both runs end at the Scottish Rite Temple Parking Lot at 56th and H streets. Roads will remained closed to traffic until approximately noon.
ABC10: Watch, Download, Read