Viewing on the ABC10 App, tap here for multimedia.
Whether or not the Sacramento Kings win or lose, the kitchen staff at the Golden 1 Center want to make sure everyone who visits leaves with a full stomach.
The Sacramento Kings unveiled their newest menu items for the Golden 1 Center in advance of the 2018-19 NBA season. Staying true to Sacramento's farm-to-fork motto, 90 percent of the food and beverages available to Golden 1 Center patrons are sourced from within 150 miles of the arena.
“We are constantly working to improve the menus, encouraging the cultivation of new, mouthwatering bites while delivering the highest quality foods for fans and guests of Golden 1 Center,” Brien Kuznicki, Golden 1 Center Executive Chef, said. “Our goal is to create food items that go above and beyond – impressing fans and continuing the Slow Food ethos which focuses on sustainability.”
New menu items at the arena include:
Café Bernardo (Sections 101 and 216)
- NorCal Burger – two grass-fed burger patties, topped with Oaxaca cheese, pickled jalapenos, sliced tomatoes, avocado, and house-made aioli on a hamburger bun.
Big Cheese (Section 108)
- Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese – house-smoked pork shoulder on sourdough bread and sliced cheddar cheese.
El Centro (Section 115)
- Carne Asada Fries – french fries topped with grass-fed beef, Golden 1 Center’s unique nacho cheese and sour cream.
- Chili Lime Salt Fries – french fries coated with Golden 1 Center’s perfect salt blend of flavors.
Porchetta House (Section 121)
- Bistro Steak Sandwich – grass-fed sirloin flap on a fresh-baked roll, topped with house-made creamy horseradish sauce.
- Rotisserie Chicken with Patatas Bravas – house-brined, half chicken rubbed with a rotisserie spice blend, served alongside brava spiced potato wedges.
Block Butcher (Section 124)
- Brat Mac & Bier Cheese – rotini pasta noodles topped with Golden 1 Center’s bier cheese with bratwurst from Low Brau.
- Mac & Bier Cheese – rotini pasta noodles topped with Golden 1 Center’s bier cheese.
- Pretzel Bites and Bier Cheese – Golden 1 Center’s unique bier cheese paired with locally sourced pretzel bites.
Petra (Section 210)
- Loaded Greek Fries – french fries tossed with red wine vinaigrette, Tzatziki sauce, lamb and beef gyro meat, and parsley.
Sweet Bird (Section 219)
- Fried Chicken & Donut – house-brined, half chicken dipped in house-made, gluten-free spicy batter topped with house pickles and pickled red onions, and served alongside delicious Golden 1 Center brioche donuts.
- Cheesecake Pop – vanilla cheesecake made in-house, covered in Guittard chocolate and rolled in sprinkles.
The Flavor Lab Cart (Section 109) is a rotating cart featuring new developments from Golden 1 Center’s kitchen including creations that coordinate with theme nights throughout the season.
- Torta – choice of grass-fed barbacoa beef, shredded chicken or carnitas pork topped with sliced tomato, refried beans, and sour cream on a telera roll.
Burger Patch Cart (Section 123) features 100% plant-based, modern ingredients with nostalgic taste.
- Patch Burger – Beyond Meat patty topped with a cheddar-style sauce, lettuce, a tomato slice, two cheddar-style slices and grilled red onion on a sourdough bun. Also available with double patties and double cheddar-style slices.
- BBQ Patch Burger – Beyond Meat patty topped with Burger Patch BBQ sauce with lettuce, sliced tomato, two cheddar-style slices, Sweet Earth hickory strips and grilled red onion on a sourdough bun.
- Patch Brats & Spicy Patch Sausage – your choice of Beyond Meat sausage with mixed bell peppers and onions, cheddar sauce and creamy mustard, all on a sourdough bun.
The new items are available for each home Kings' game and select arena events. On opening night, the arena will offer donuts inspired by current Kings' players.
You might want to make your way to a @sacramentokings game because this food looks so good! And if you go opening night you’ll get to try these tasty donuts 😋 . . . . . #kings #sacramento #sacramentokings #sac #local #food #yum #donuts #carneasada #fries #yum #foodie #foodporn
A post shared by ABC10 (@abc10tv) on