SACRAMENTO, California —
The California State Fair returns to Cal Expo for the 2019 year. The fair runs from July 12 - 28.
Here is a schedule for what is happening on Friday, July 26:
Hours of operation: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Share the fair: Post photos on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram with #abc10AtTheFair.
For your wallet:
Senior Savings Day: Every Friday of the state fair — July 12, 19 and 26 — seniors 62-years-old and older can visit the fair for just $10. Seniors will also be allowed to ride the Grand Carousel and the Giant Wheel for free.
For your belly:
Food vendors are open daily, click here for the full list.
- 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. — California State Fair and Food Festival has a pass that gives out four tickets for $28 that can be redeemed at a vendor that is a part of the food festival. A food item costs around $10 without a ticket.
- 3 to 3:30 p.m. — Beer Evaluation 101: Introduction to Beer Judge Certification (Taste of California classroom)
- 5 to 5:30 p.m. — Olive Oil and Your Health (Taste of California classroom)
For the kids:
- 7:30 8:30 p.m. — Mane Event - Turn Back Time (Horse Arena)
- 4 to 6 p.m. — The Shawn Raiford Experience (Farm to Glass)
- 8 to 10:45 p.m. —Konsept Party Band(Promenade Stage)
- 5:30 to 10 p.m. — Dave Russell (Western Saloon Stage)
- 8 to 10 p.m. — Tony! Toni! Toné! (Golden 1 Stage)
ABC10 at the fair:
It’s the California State Fair AND FOOD FESTIVAL! So this week, it’s all about the food! Find the ABC10 Swagon in one of the food courts sampling all the amazing offerings. Throughout ALL of the fair, you can buy a Food Festival pass for $28, fair attendees can try four of the items entered in this year’s Food Festival Competition! There are 30 participating vendors to choose from.
The Swagon is our mobile pop-up events truck. We’ll be out there with free giveaways and fun! Keep an eye out for Mark S. Allen. He'll be everywhere at the fair including sleeping overnight. Yep, that's how much fun the fair is. Come join us and make sure you follow our Facebook page to find out where we are and what we’re up to each day!
Find Chris Thomas at the Tony! Toni! Toné! concert!
- How to stay cool at the California State Fair
- 2019 California State Fair: 7 new things to try at the fair this year
- 8:45 p to 9 p.m. — Sacred Fire Dance - Obsidian Butterfly (Promenade Stage)
- 10 p.m. — Fireworks presented by DISH (Miller Lite Racetrack Grandstand)