SACRAMENTO, California —
The California State Fair makes its return to Cal Expo for the 2019 year. The fair is set to operate from July 12 through July 28.
Here is a schedule for what is happening on July 27:
Hours of operation: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Share the fair: Post photos on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram with #abc10AtTheFair.
For your belly:
Food vendors are open daily, click here for the full list.
- 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. — California State Fair and Food Festival has a pass that gives out four tickets for $28 that can be redeemed at a vendor that is a part of the food festival. A food item costs around $10 without a ticket.
- 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. —California State Fair Cultural Advisory Council Cooking Demo (Save Mart California's Kitchen)
- 3 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. — Honey Sensory Class (Taste of California classroom)
- 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. — Cooking Demonstration With Gowan's Cider (Save Mart California's Kitchen)
For the kids:
- 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. — The Silver Orange Lounge (Expo Building 3)
- 7:30 p.m. 8:30 p.m. — Mane Event - Turn Back Time (Horse Arena)
- 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. — Eric Brunner (Farm to Glass)
- 5:30 to 10 p.m. — Dave Russell (Western Saloon Stage)
- 8 p.m to 9:45 p.m. —APPLE Z (Promenade Stage)
- 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. — Journey Revisited (Golden 1 Stage)
ABC10 at the fair:
Find the ABC10 Swagon in one of the food courts sampling all the amazing offerings. Throughout ALL of fair, you can buy a Food festival pass. For $28, fair attendees can try 4 of the items entered in this year’s Food Festival Competition! There are 30 participating vendors to choose from.
The Swagon is our mobile pop-up events truck. We’ll be out there with free giveaways and fun! Keep an eye out for Mark S. Allen. He'll be everywhere at the fair including sleeping overnight. Yep, that's how much fun the fair is. Come join us and make sure you follow our Facebook page to find out where we are and what we’re up to each day!
- How to stay cool at the California State Fair
- 2019 California State Fair: 7 new things to try at the fair this year
- 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. — Smokey Bear's Birthday (Camp Smokey)
- 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. — Wienerschnitzel Wiener Dog Nationals (Miller Lite Racetrack Grandstand)
- 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. — National Day of the Cowboy (Horse Arena)