SACRAMENTO, California —
The California State Fair returns to Cal Expo for the 2019 year. The fair is set to operate from July 12 to July 28.
Here is a schedule for what is happening on Thursday, July 25, 2019:
Hours of operation: 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Share the fair: Post photos on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram with #abc10AtTheFair.
For your wallet:
California State Fair is offering free admission for military members. That includes active duty, reserve and veterans from all branches on July 25. This is also extended to active duty spouses and dependents.
For your belly:
Food vendors are open daily, click here for the full list.
- $2 Taste of the Fair: You can get smaller versions of all your favorite Fair foods for only $2 a taste.
- 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. — California State Fair and Food Festival has a pass that gives out four tickets for $28 that can be redeemed at a vendor that is a part of the food festival. A food item costs around $10 without a ticket.
For the kids:
- 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. — The Silver Orange Lounge (Expo Building 3)
- 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. — Race, Ride, & Rodeo Kids Korral (Horse arena)
- 7:30 p.m. 8:30 p.m. — Mane Event - Turn Back Time (Horse Arena)
- 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. — The Shawn Raiford Experience (Farm to Glass)
- 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. — Big Crush Dance Band (Speakeasy Whiskey Lounge)
- 8 p.m to 9:45 p.m. — Dyana and The Cherry Kings(Promenade Stage)
- 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. — California Surf INC. (Golden 1 Stage)
ABC10 at the fair:
It’s the CA State Fair AND FOOD FESTIVAL! So this week it’s all about the food! Find the ABC10 Swagon in one of the food courts sampling all the amazing offerings.
The Swagon is our mobile pop-up events truck. We’ll be out there with free giveaways and fun! Keep an eye out for Mark S. Allen. He'll be everywhere at the fair including sleeping overnight. Yep, that's how much fun the fair is. Come join us and make sure you follow our Facebook page to find out where we are and what we’re up to each day!
It’s Taste of the Fair! $2 bites of our favorite fair foods from 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. Throughout ALL of the fair, you can buy a Food festival pass. For $28, fair attendees can try four of the items entered in this year’s Food Festival Competition! There are 30 participating vendors to choose from.
- 1 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. — Grant Drum Line (PG&E Center Stage)
- How to stay cool at the California State Fair
- 2019 California State Fair: 7 new things to try at the fair this year
- How to save money on tickets for the 2019 California State Fair