Breaking News
More () »

Where to donate to the Corporal Ronil Singh Memorial Fund

According to the Stanislaus County Sheriff, this memorial is the only authorized fund in honor of the fallen officer. Any other are "possibly fraudulent."

The Stanislaus Sworn Deputies Association has established a memorial fund in honor of fallen Newman Police Officer Ronil Singh. 

Corporal Singh was killed in a shootout with a suspected drunk driver early Wednesday morning. The 33-year-old officer was a native of Fiji, he leaves behind a wife and infant son. 

Authorities are still searching for the suspect.

At a press conference Thursday, Stanislaus County Sheriff Adam Christianson announced a memorial fund in honor of the fallen officer. According to Christianson, this is the only authorized fund for citizens to donate money. The sheriff said any other fund people may come across is not official and may be fraudulent. 

"Please be aware there are NO other approved or authorized memorial fund or online fundraising accounts that will be established," the association wrote on Facebook. 

If you wish to donate to the Corporal Ronil Singh Memorial Fund, visit the Stanislaus Sworn Deputies Association website or visit any West America Bank Branch in person to make a deposit. 

According to the Sheriff's Department, 95% of the donations made to the memorial fund will go to the Singh family to do with what they please. The other 5% will be used to cover "small things" for the funeral and other memorial expenses the state does not cover. For example, the state will pay for a certain amount of state flags for immediate family members, however, if more flags are requested for funeral and/or memorial attendees, that 5% will cover the extra. 

While nearly all of the funeral expenses are covered by the State of California, the fund exists to give citizens the ability to show their condolences in some way. 

Before You Leave, Check This Out