VOLCANOVILLE, Calif. — More people will be allowed back home after being forced to evacuate due to the Mosquito Fire.
The El Dorado County Sheriff's Office announced evacuation orders were being downgraded in both Volcanoville and Quintette. This includes the area East of the intersection of Wentworth Springs Road and Wolfridge Road, West of Stumpy Meadows Lake, South of the County Line, and North of Wentworth Springs Road.
People in both downgraded areas will be allowed to return home.
Following the announcement from El Dorado County, Placer County Sheriff's Office also announced evacuation downgrades of their own. Among the areas impacted are Michigan Bluff and downtown Foresthill.
A full list of zones downgraded to evacuation warnings for Placer County is available below.
- Zone 1B – Michigan Bluff: Michigan Bluff Rd, Gorman Ranch Rd, Chicken Hawk Rd, Ridge View Rd; north of Chicken Hawk Rd to Foresthill Rd
- Zone 2 – Baker Ranch MHP
- Zone 3B – Crystal View Rd, Bath Rd
- Zone 4B – Downtown Foresthill: Foresthill Rd from Idlewild Rd to Bath Rd, Baltimore Mine Rd, Powerline Rd, Timberland Rd, Sluice Box Ln, Mosquito Ridge Rd west of Soap St
- Zone 5 – Black Oak Ridge Rd, Blackhawk Ln, Ebbert Ranch Rd, Old Ebberts Ranch Rd
- Zone 6 – Finning Mill Rd to Sugar Pine Rd to Elliot Ranch Rd to Foresthill Rd, Big Reservoir Rd, Giant Gap Rd, Hollow Log Rd, Prospect Rd, NF-10
- Zone 7A – Patent Rd
Containment on the Mosquito Fire has risen to 39% and the fire is currently around 76,290 acres in size. 78 structures were destroyed in the fire and 13 structures were damaged.
For evacuation information and details, view the evacuation map from Placer County below or click HERE.