Editor's note: The attached video is from June 2019.
Rick Moranis has ended his 23-year on-screen hiatus to appear in a commercial for actor Ryan Reynolds' phone company.
Mint Mobile launched a 42 second commercial on Wednesday with Reynolds announcing that the company has gone so long without an unlimited plan. To help introduce the new $30 per month option, the "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" and "Spaceballs" star walks out and asks what he needs to do.
Turns out Reynolds just wanted to fanboy.
"So why am I here?" Moranis asks.
Reynolds responds while kicking the ground, "I'm just a huge fan."
The "Deadpool" star purchased an ownership stake in the phone company in November of 2019. Reynolds tweeted the commercial Wednesday with the caption, "Today @Mintmobile is launching unlimited for just $30 AND bringing back Rick Moranis. Suck it, 2020."
Moranis last appeared on the big screen for the movie "Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves" which was released in 1997. In a 2015 feature by The Hollywood Reporter, he explained he had not retired, but stepped away from acting after his wife, Ann, died of breast cancer.
He still worked on a few select projects, like being a voice actor in Disney's "Brother Bear" movies.
Earlier this year, Deadline and The Hollywood Reporter said that Moranis will return to acting for a new sequel in the "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids" series, with Josh Gad playing his son. It will be the fourth film in the series, which included "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids" (1989), "Honey, I Blew Up the Kid" (1992) and the straight-to-video "Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves."
Social media was ecstatic about Moranis's return.
However, some Twitter users were concerned when they initially saw "Rick Moranis" trending on Twitter.
"Me when almost any celebrity is trending: Oh no, did they die?!?!" one tweet said. Thankfully those concerns drifted away once those Twitter users realized Moranis had just resurfaced for a new commercial.