ABC10 wants to recognize the local contributions of business owners in the greater Sacramento area. In partnership with local Chambers of Commerce and community leaders, ABC10 presents the We Stand for You business award. This is a community-driven award that acknowledges businesses going above and beyond to support their community.
Each month, the community can nominate a local business that is working to make their community a better place. A select group of Sacramento business and Chambers of Commerce leaders will pick a business of the month from those nominees. Each business of the month will then be in the running for the title of ABC10’s We Stand for You Business of the Year. Every business of the month and the annual winner will be recognized on ABC10 and be gifted other rewards.
A business can be nominated if they meet the following criteria:
- Be a Northern California-based and family-owned company
- Must be considered a small business and operate with 150 employees or less
- Give back to the community in some way i.e. monetary, time (volunteering), item donations, new programs etc.
- Have a clear mission to give back to the community
- Must provide an example of how the nominee is involved and improving the community in a positive way **being involved includes in-person and/or virtual participation at community events, meetings, programs etc.**
The Small Business Administration (SBA) defines a U.S. small business as a concern that:
- Is organized for profit
- Has a place of business in the United States
- Operates primarily within the U.S. or makes a significant contribution to the U.S. economy through payment of taxes or use of American products, materials, or labor
- Is independently owned and operated and is not dominant in its field on a national basis
**Selection will be determined by those who provide a clear picture of the nominee's achievements and impact.**
Nominations can be submitted by anyone close to the business, such as an employee, client, banker, attorney, or other advisor. Business owners can also self-nominate. A business does not need to be a member of a chamber to be nominated.
Check out past Business of the Month winners:
- March Business of the Month - Binchoyaki, Sacramento
- April Business of the Month - A Seat at the Table, Elk Grove
- May Business of the Month - Sugar Coated Cupcakes, Elk Grove
- June Business of the Month - Harlow's, Sacramento
- July Business of the Month - Trophy Beauty, Elk Grove
- August Business of the Month - West Coast Taco Bar, Elk Grove
- September Business of the Month - Brickhouse Gallery & Art Complex, Oak Park
- October Business of the Month - Wellness of Life, East Sacramento
- November Business of the Month - She Has Shea
- December Business of the Month - Morfi Beauty Studio
- Jan. 2023 Business of the Month - NuHair Ink
- Feb. 2023 Business of the Month - Afro Yoga
- March 2023 Business of the Month - The Creative Space
- April 2023 Business of the Month - Algo Bueno
- May 2023 Business of the Month - Gondo Fusion
For assistance or special accommodations in completing this form, please contact ABC10 Community Relations Manager, Gerardo Cabral at firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Please contact Meagan Kettelhake at email@example.com