SACRAMENTO, Calif. — With the winter storms that will pass through Northern California this week, it's important to be prepared in case you're left without power.
There are several items you may already have at home that can help you make it through a power outage.
5 Power Outage Hacks:
- Use solar powered LED lights as flashlights
- Strap a headlamp around a water jug to create a lantern
- Buy a portable battery charger if you don't already have one to keep your phone charged
- Fill up zip lock bags with water to create ice packs
- Use washing machine as makeshift cooler
For more hacks, click here.
Continue the conversation with Daniela on Facebook.
WATCH MORE: What could a PG&E bankruptcy mean for you?