If you're viewing on the ABC10 App, tap here for multimedia.
Citrus Heights resident Joseph James DeAngelo has been charged in all 13 of the slayings attributed to the Golden State killer so far.
At a news conference Tuesday, prosecutors announced DeAngelo would go to trial in Sacramento.
Here is a list of the slayings attributed to DeAngelo:
- Keith and Patrice Harrington of Orange County, Aug. 21, 1975.
- Claude Snelling, Sept. 11, 1975, in Visalia
- Brian and Kate Maggiore of Rancho Cordova, Feb. 2, 1978
- Debra Alexander Manning, 35, and Robert Offerman, 44, on Dec. 30, 1979
- Charlene Smith, 33, and Lyman Smith, 43, of Ventura County, on March 13, 1980
- Manuella Witthuhn, 28, of Irvine, found Feb. 5, 1981.
- Cheri Domingo and Greg Sanchez of Santa Barbara County, July 27, 1981
- Janelle Cruz, 18, of Irvine killed May 4, 1986
Prosecutors will not be filing charges in cases of rape and burglary attributed to the East Area Rapist and Golden State Killer (also called the Visalia Ransacker and Original Night Stalker) because the statute of limitations has run out in those cases.