California Primary Election Results
California’s 2022 primary election is being held June 7. Candidates are vying for nominations for California Governor, California Attorney General, and U.S. Senator, along with other statewide races.
In the Sacramento region, the top races include Sacramento County Sheriff and Sacramento County District Attorney. Seats on the Sacramento City Council and Sacramento County Board of Supervisors are also being decided.
Placer County voters are selecting a new Sheriff and some Board of Supervisor seats.
The U.S. 3rd Congressional district race has Republican Assemblymember Kevin Kiley, Republican Sacramento County Sheriff Scott Jones and Democrat Kermit Jones vying to make it to the general election.
Ballots were mailed out in May. On election day, polls are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Voters must be in line by 8 p.m. to cast their vote.
Sacramento Co. SheriffPrecincts: 254,707 / 864,181 (29% reporting)
Sacramento County District AttorneyPrecincts: 254,707 / 864,181 (29% reporting)
State Attorney GeneralPrecincts: 20,867 / 20,868 (99% reporting)
U.S. House District 3Precincts: 494 / 507 (98% reporting)
GovernorPrecincts: 20,867 / 20,868 (99% reporting)
- What would Lance Christensen do as California schools superintendent?
- California officials attempt to make voting easier for midterm elections
- Will women rule in the 2022 California election?
- California governor opposes tax on rich in statewide TV ad
- 'If you're not at the table, you're on the menu': Increasing Latino voter turnout in California