California General Election Results
California’s 2022 general election is being held Nov. 8. Candidates are vying for the offices of California Governor, California Attorney General, and U.S. Senator, along with other statewide races.
In the Sacramento region, the top races include the 3rd Congressional District and 9th Congressional District. Seats on the Sacramento City Council and Sacramento County Board of Supervisors are also being decided.
The 3rd Congressional District race has Republican Assemblymember Kevin Kiley and Democrat Kermit Jones trying to best one another to represent the newly formed district. Meanwhile, incumbent Congressman Josh Harder is running in District 9 against San Joaquin County Supervisor Tom Patti.
Cities like Elk Grove have also pitched their first-ever tax measure to voters, with Elk Grove in particular trying to gather additional funds to address quality of life and public safety. Sacramento also has local measures trying to address homelessness and youth funding.
Ballots were mailed out in October. On Election Day, polls are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Voters must be in line by 8 p.m. to cast their vote.
Click for full map
GovernorPrecincts: 25,554 / 25,554 (100% reporting)
Lieutenant GovernorPrecincts: 25,554 / 25,554 (100% reporting)
Secretary of StatePrecincts: 25,554 / 25,554 (100% reporting)
State Attorney GeneralPrecincts: 25,554 / 25,554 (100% reporting)
U.S. Senate Unexpired TermPrecincts: 19,497 / 25,614 (76% reporting)
U.S. Senate Full TermPrecincts: 25,554 / 25,554 (100% reporting)
U.S. House District 3Precincts: 787 / 787 (100% reporting)
U.S. House District 9Precincts: 393 / 393 (100% reporting)
U.S. House District 13Precincts: 496 / 496 (100% reporting)
Proposition 1 Reproductive FreedomPrecincts: 25,554 / 25,554 (100% reporting)
Proposition 26 Commercial GamingPrecincts: 25,554 / 25,554 (100% reporting)
Proposition 27 Sports WageringPrecincts: 25,554 / 25,554 (100% reporting)
Proposition 29 Dialysis ClinicsPrecincts: 25,554 / 25,554 (100% reporting)
Proposition 31 Tobacco ReferendumPrecincts: 19,594 / 25,614 (76% reporting)
State Assembly District 10Precincts: 190 / 190 (100% reporting)
- California 2022 election | Ballot propositions explained
- Your Voice, Your Vote | Answering your election-related questions
- California's Governor race, explained | Newsom vs Dahle
- California's US Senate race, explained | Padilla vs. Meuser
- California's Attorney General race: Bonta vs Hochman
- Kevin Kiley vs. Dr. Kermit Jones | California's 3rd District Congressional race, explained
- Angelique Ashby vs Dave Jones | California's 8th District State Senate race, explained
- Josh Harder vs. Tom Patti | California's 9th Congressional District race, explained
- Biden offers dire warnings about Trump, accuses mainstream GOP of 'deafening' silence
- Trump calls DeSantis abortion ban 'a terrible mistake,' sparking anger from some key Republicans